Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Yes...
























I got my first board in 1993 for my 13th birthday, coincidentally the same year 411VM first came out. These videos were such a huge part of my life growing up and being that I lived in Orange County I was in the thick of all that was going on at the time, all those dudes, all those spots... I just remember being so stoked when that horn would play in the openers and me and my friends always pointing out our background props "oh, thats me right there next to the tree!"....some of the best times of my life.

Skateboarder Magazine is releasing all of the issues of 411 on their site starting with the first one and man, just watching it brought back so many memories, just heavy moments in life...making me "the person I am today" kind of moments. Everytime I see a video or here a song from somebodys part it takes me right back to where I was and what I was doing at the time and I'm thankful to have been able to experience and be apart of what I think was one of the rawest and realest times in skateboarding.

411VM

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful stuff mate, keepin the feelin alive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, well said. BPSW, one of the best worst trends ever, best was being a part of it, worst was my pants sticking out 2" beyond my toes, cause you'd only shop at the fat and tall section of the thrift store.

    It the "Questionable" video that does it for me, and I still don't understand the "vibe of skating rocks".

    I think anyone that was growing up skating in the mid ninties has the exact same fondness of those times, casuse there was nothing other thatn the love of skateboarding that made us all do it, and that's some pure ass shit you don't see much of these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lived in a huge pair of PlanB jeans for the longest time...good times.

      Delete
  3. wow your A LOT younger than I thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a good chopper costume.....under this beard is a timid 14 year old.

      Delete
  4. I had the Plan B hat, you know, the one JTT had on "Home Improvement", and a Droors shirt that said "Ravers Suck"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yah i hear that Jason....i still have 8 411 vids left and in 93 my OLDER skater buds took me to back to the city contest and i still have the filming i recorded with my camera...then it came out on 411 and blew my mind...thanks for bringin me back ...those times were rad..

    ReplyDelete