Tuesday, August 27, 2013

big john RIP..



This is a little late but you might remember from an earlier post I did of my buddy John Sirmon who was diagnosed with cancer a couple years ago.  He lost his battle earlier this year but had fought hard all the way till the end.  Derek Fukuhara made this video of some of his last healthy sessions but I have lagged on posting it.  Cancer has been a heavy one for me as of late with my Mom being diagnosed a few months ago but like John, my Mom is a fighter.  I'm thankful to have such a solid relationship with my parents it helps dealing with this kind of stuff easier to swallow but still, positivity and just trying to keep a smile on my face have been the toughest things for me to do lately but seeing something like this video does wonders and I start to realize how much people really impact and imprint on your life.  I've always made it a point to surround myself with people who will remain legendary to me for one reason or another.  John is one of those guys and for no real reason other than the fact that he was a nice guy and always had a smile on his face and thats the kind of shit people don't forget.

I love telling stories but I'm not the best storyteller, I tend to get a little too involved in detail.  Theres no such thing as a long story short with me unfortunately and I apologize.  That being said, I'll try and keep this short and simple... Solid dude, solid style and with a switch back-tail like that, how can he not be a thing of legend.

Rip in peace dude.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to read of your lost buddy and your mum's battle, sympathies and positive thoughts to you man . . . and don't ever apologise, from the heart is always a great read and you always do it well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason, Pay tribute to you're friends. and for all the right reasons...That's cool..

    ReplyDelete
  3. super light on his feet and stylie for such a big man... sorry for your loss

    ReplyDelete