Monday, November 28, 2011

A day late and a dollar short.

As far as I can remember the first cassette tape I ever bought on my own was The Best of Jimi Hendrix Experience. My dad was a gardener and I worked with him mowing lawns all day. On the way home I begged him to stop by the record store so I could spend my days pay on some of Hendrix's music. I still remember the cashier saying "starting him on the classics huh," as i forked over the bread. In the truck I ripped open the cellophane and inspected every inch of the insert. We pulled up to the house, I jumped out of the truck before it had completely stopped and made a b-line for my walkman. I sat in my room all night just playing it over and over. That tape didn't leave the walkman for over a month. Jimi Hendrix's birthday was yesterday.





A couple of my favorite JImi Hendrix Experience Songs.



7 comments:

  1. As weird as it is, here's a Hendrix cover I can listen to over and over.

    http://www.wimp.com/boldlove/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you got Yellow fever buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a fever for more cowbell my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love listening to his live covers. He usually takes them on a crazy journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. got the rock and roll pneumonia and the boogie woogie flu

    ReplyDelete
  6. Matt, why you gotta hate? Don't worry the next music retrospect post will be about your queen, Celine Dion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many great bands. Its hard to keep track ...

    ReplyDelete