Sunday, March 15, 2015

a little Born Free update....




































My Born Free build got off to a rough start. I kept bouncing back and forth between a few different directions to go with it considering the caliber of bikes already being built for the show. In the end, I went with what kinda fits in my skill set range and particular taste and that's just a simple, fairly stock wheelbased 60's-ish style Panhead chopper.

The basic approach is to keep the overall look like that of all those bikes we love in all the old biker flicks but throw in some little tricks here and there. The one thing I wanted to do going into this build was to do a chrome framed bike but at the same time, not build an over the top show bike.  So I'm trying to figure out a happy medium of those two ideas. I'm also narrowing an I-beam springer about a 1/2" per side. It's a lot of work for something that will probably go unnoticed. A little de-raking in the frame, custom bars, 21"+18" wheel combo, a slightly different seating deal and a tall sissybar pretty much sum up where I'm going with this thing.

6 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see it come together brother

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Webber is very awesome. Looks awesome as it sits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing it man. If there's anything that we make and you need dont hesitate to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  4. maybe to take away the showiness (showbikeness) of a chrome frame, you could satin nickel it instead....

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete